I still need to do something about more lighting when it comes time to do final paint. As of now my plan is to get the body straight as possible with filler. This is our Baja Bug One Piece Fiberglass Front End. My Dad does the same which is why none are in paint. Fender bolt holes are marked but not drilled. What do you guys think? I'm very happy with the results. They are exceptionally smooth, with only minor prep work needed prior to final paint.
Carpet installed, dash, gauges, seats bolted in, belts bolted in, and roll cage padding. They are exceptionally smooth, with only minor prep work needed prior to final paint. Now hot rusty water doesn't spew on my engine. I should have the hood and deck lid sanded before the end of the week. Took me 10 years to find it! Here's a video of finished amp. Hood handle is marked but not drilled, that's done for you to not put the handle on the outside should you want it on the inside! I play 2-3 a times month in a cover band and I feel this amp will fit the bill. Pictures really do not do these deck lids justice! This fits as good as stock, without the need for a bunch of welding and bodywork! If there are options in lights I would light to go with a kit with the least weight.
My wife says they look good for being painted in a garage, I think I can make it better though. I also moved the overflow outlet to the radiator in the rear and I capped off the inline water neck. Then I'm going to drive the nuts out of it. This latches on the 1963 and older aprons, and uses the old T handle. I'm trying to keep the amount of welds down to a minimum and I'm trying to keep the front suspension simple too. It had gotten a little nasty looking since having broke the engine in having head a little leak here and there.
No more rust or dents to deal with! You can put this on 1964 and Newer cars too if you just change the rear apron and decklid handle to early style! I couldn't be happier with how the body work come out. Sunday my buddy came over to help me start putting this thing back together. All I could hear was the sound of the engine and the rumble of the exhaust. The more of you who call with a certain item in mind, the more likely we'll find a way to manufacture it and have it available for you! We are going to get the summer heated with deals that nobody can pass up. Doesn't look like it'll need too much sanding, but we'll see. Bought for an early '53 but I think its slightly later than that? They make the care look lower and wider with no other changes.
. I also got some pictures and video of the bug outside, finally. This car has more hand made parts than any car I've seen, ncluding customer fiberglass and billet aluminum items. Something that has a V8 in it already. You can put this on 1967 and Older cars too if you just change the rear apron and decklid handle to late style! I'm thinking I'll hit it with 1200 to level out the dust, bug and hair, then 1500 and finally 2000.
Pictures really do not do these deck lids justice! These have the early headlight buckets with metric nutserts already installed. That way I can start it up, move it out of the garage to sand without having to worry about plastic melting to the radiator. I wonder how well my other plan would've worked? Product Images are representative only. A better shot of the head lights with turn signals. I might go a little lower, just incase.
Don't get me wrong, they have a nice mirror finish, just has a little dust though. The engine runs a constant 160-190º. There's a hand full of scratches that I glazed that need sanding and I still need to finish sanding the rear fenders. This is 100% interchangeable with stock hoods, and replaces beat up and rusted steel hoods with one that is lighter, won't rust, and is ready for paint without many hours of prep work! I also repainted the headers. I'm currently working on hand cutting the dovetail joints. Spec - 41 x 37. Buffer with wool and foam bonnet.
Fender bolt holes are marked but not drilled. They make the car look lower and wider with no other changes. I'll never have overheating issues again, I hope. This seems like a good plan, to me at least. The was just a light mist, but it never got to the point towards I couldn't see. Dave did such a fantastic job!!! There are a couple runs, but nothing that wont sand and buff out. I swayed away from my original booth design.